CERTAIN CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT, MARKED BY [***], HAS BEEN OMITTED BECAUSE SUPER LEAGUE GAMING, INC. HAS DETERMINED THE INFORMATION (I) IS NOT MATERIAL AND (II) WOULD LIKELY CAUSE COMPETITIVE HARM TO SUPER LEAGUE GAMING, INC. IF PUBLICLY DISCLOSED.
Super League Gaming, Inc.
2912 Colorado Avenue, Suite 203
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Ladies and Gentlemen:
1. Subscription. The undersigned (the “Purchaser”), intending to be legally bound, hereby irrevocably agrees to purchase from Super League Gaming, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), shares of Series AA Convertible Preferred Stock, par value $0.001 (“Preferred Stock” or “Preferred Shares”), at a price of $1,000.00 per Preferred Share (the “Share Price”), The minimum investment amount for each purchaser participating in the Offering is $1,500,000, which minimum investment may be waived at the discretion of the Company and the Placement Agent. Additionally, such minimum investment amount shall not be applicable to individuals or entities that are existing owners of the Company’s Series A Preferred Stock (each a “Series A Preferred Holder” and collectively, “Series A Preferred Holders”). The Preferred Shares are being sold in the Offering (as defined below), as more fully described in the Memorandum (as defined below). This Subscription Agreement (this “Subscription Agreement”) is one in a series of similar subscription agreements (collectively, the “Subscription Agreements”) entered into pursuant to the Offering.
2. The Offering.
(a) This subscription is submitted to you in accordance with and subject to the terms and conditions described in this Subscription Agreement and the Confidential Private Placement Memorandum of the Company dated March 24, 2023, as amended or supplemented from time to time, including all attachments, schedules and exhibits thereto (the “Memorandum”), relating to the Offering by the Company (the “Offering”) of a minimum of 3,500 Preferred Shares ($3,500,000) (the “Minimum Offering Amount”), a maximum of 10,000 Preferred Shares ($10,000,000) (“Maximum Offering Amount”), with an over-allotment amount of up to 10,000 Preferred Shares ($10,000,000) (the “Over-Allotment Amount”).
(b) [****] (“[****]”) has been engaged as exclusive placement agent in connection with the Offering (sometimes referred to as the “Placement Agent”). The terms of the Offering are more completely described in the Memorandum and such terms are incorporated herein in their entirety.
3. Deliveries and Payment; Escrow of Funds. Simultaneously with the execution hereof, the Purchaser shall: (a) deliver to the Placement Agent, in accordance with the Subscription Instructions attached hereto, (i) one (1) completed and executed omnibus signature page to this Subscription Agreement and the Registration Rights Agreement (page 15), (ii) a completed Accredited Investor Certification (pages 16-18), (iii) a completed Investor Profile (pages 19-20) and (iv) one (1) completed and executed Tax Certification for U.S. Persons or Non-U.S. Persons, as applicable (beginning on page 22); and (b) make a wire transfer payment to, “CST&T AAF Super League Gaming, Inc. Escrow 2023” in an amount equal to the product of (i) the number of Preferred Shares being subscribed for by the Purchaser in the Offering as set forth on the signature page hereof, multiplied by (ii) the Share Price. Wire transfer instructions are set forth on page 13 hereof under the heading “To subscribe for Preferred Shares in the private offering of Super League Gaming, Inc.” Such funds will be held for the Purchaser’s benefit in a non-interest-bearing escrow account (the “Escrow Account”) until the earliest to occur of (a) a closing (any closing hereinafter a “Closing”) of the sale of the Minimum Offering Amount or more (the “Initial Closing”), or a subsequent closing if funds are deposited into the Escrow Account after the time of the Initial Closing (each, a “Subsequent Closing”), (b) the rejection of such subscription, or (c) the termination of the Offering by the Company or the Placement Agent. The Company and the Placement Agent may continue to offer and sell the Preferred Shares and conduct additional Closings for the sale of additional Preferred Shares after the Initial Closing and until the termination of the Offering. The date of the last Closing of the Offering is referred to herein as the “Final Closing”.
4. Acceptance of Subscription. The Purchaser understands and agrees that the Company, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to accept or reject this or any other subscription for Preferred Shares, in whole or in part, notwithstanding prior receipt by the Purchaser of notice of acceptance of this subscription. In furtherance of the foregoing, the Company shall have the right to require potential subscribers to supply additional information and execute additional documents in a satisfactory manner, which determination shall be at the sole discretion of the Company, prior to the acceptance of this Subscription Agreement. The Company shall have no obligation hereunder until the Company shall execute and deliver to the Purchaser an executed copy of this Subscription Agreement. If this subscription is rejected in whole, the Offering of Preferred Shares is terminated or the Minimum Offering Amount is not raised on or prior to May 19, 2023 (unless extended until July 19, 2023 in the discretion of the Company and the Placement Agent), all funds received from the Purchaser will be returned without interest or offset, and this Subscription Agreement shall thereafter be of no further force or effect. If this subscription is rejected in part, the funds for the rejected portion of this subscription will be returned without interest or offset, and this Subscription Agreement will continue in full force and effect to the extent this subscription was accepted.
5. Representations and Warranties.
The Purchaser hereby acknowledges, represents, warrants, and agrees as follows:
(a) None of the Preferred Shares or the securities issuable upon conversion of the Preferred Shares (the “Conversion Securities”) offered pursuant to the Memorandum are registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), or any state securities laws. The Purchaser understands that the offering and sale of the Preferred Shares is intended to be exempt from registration under the Securities Act, by virtue of Section 4(a)(2) thereof and/or the provisions of Rule 506(b) of Regulation D (“Regulation D”) as promulgated by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) thereunder, based, in part, upon the bona fide nature of the investment intent and the representations, warranties and agreements of the Purchaser contained in this Subscription Agreement.
(b) The Purchaser’s substantive relationship with either the Company, the Placement Agent or subagent through which the Purchaser is subscribing for the Preferred Shares predates such Placement Agent’s or any subagent’s contact with the Purchaser regarding an investment in the Preferred Shares.
(c) Prior to the execution of this Subscription Agreement, the Purchaser and the Purchaser’s attorney, accountant, purchaser representative and/or tax adviser, if any (collectively, the “Advisers”), have received the Memorandum and all other documents requested by the Purchaser, have carefully reviewed them and understand the information contained therein.
(d) Neither the SEC nor any state securities commission or other regulatory authority has approved the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities or passed upon or endorsed the merits of the Offering or confirmed the accuracy or determined the adequacy of the Memorandum. The Memorandum has not been reviewed by any federal, state or other regulatory authority.
(e) All material information pertaining to the investment in the Preferred Shares (including, without limitation, the Memorandum) have been made available for inspection by such Purchaser and its Advisers, if any.
(f) The Purchaser and its Advisers, if any, have had a reasonable opportunity to ask questions of and receive answers from a person or persons acting on behalf of the Company concerning the offering of the Preferred Shares and the business, financial condition and results of operations of the Company, and all such questions have been answered to the full satisfaction of the Purchaser and its Advisers, if any.
(g) In evaluating the suitability of an investment in the Company and the Preferred Shares, the Purchaser has not relied upon any representation or information (oral or written) other than as stated in the Memorandum and the Purchaser and its Advisors have had access, through the Memorandum and/or the EDGAR system, to true and complete copies of the Company’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021 (the “10-K”) and all other reports filed by the Company pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, since the filing of the 10-K and prior to the date hereof and have reviewed such filings (the “SEC Reports”).
(h) The Purchaser is unaware of, is in no way relying on, and did not become aware of the Offering through or as a result of, any form of general solicitation or general advertising including, without limitation, any article, notice, advertisement or other communication published in any newspaper, magazine or similar media or broadcast over television, radio or the Internet (including, without limitation, internet “blogs,” bulletin boards, discussion groups and social networking sites) in connection with the Offering and is not subscribing for the Preferred Shares and did not become aware of the Offering through or as a result of any seminar or meeting to which the Purchaser was invited by, or any solicitation of a subscription by, a person not previously known to the Purchaser in connection with investments in securities generally.
(i) The Purchaser has taken no action that would give rise to any claim by any person for brokerage commissions, finders’ fees or the like relating to this Subscription Agreement, or the transactions contemplated hereby (other than commissions to be paid by the Company to the Placement Agent or as otherwise described in the Memorandum).
(j) The Purchaser, together with its Advisers, if any, has such knowledge and experience in financial, tax, and business matters, and, in particular, investments in securities, so as to enable it to utilize the information made available to it in connection with the Offering to evaluate the merits and risks of an investment in the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities and the Company and to make an informed investment decision with respect thereto.
(k) The Purchaser is not relying on the Company, the Placement Agent or any of their respective employees or agents with respect to the legal, tax, economic and related considerations of an investment in the Company and the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities, and the Purchaser has relied on the advice of, or has consulted with, only its own Advisers.
(l) The Purchaser is acquiring the Preferred Shares solely for such Purchaser’s own account for investment purposes only and not with a view to or intent of resale or distribution thereof, in whole or in part. The Purchaser has no agreement or arrangement, formal or informal, with any person to sell or transfer all or any part of the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities, and the Purchaser has no plans to enter into any such agreement or arrangement.
(m) The Purchaser must bear the substantial economic risks of the investment in the Preferred Shares and the Conversion Securities indefinitely because none of the Preferred Shares or Conversion Securities may be sold, hypothecated or otherwise disposed of unless subsequently registered under the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws or an exemption from such registration is available. Legends shall be placed on the Preferred Shares and the Conversion Securities to the effect that they have not been registered under the Securities Act or applicable state securities laws and appropriate notations thereof will be made in the Company’s stock books. Stop transfer instructions will be placed with the transfer agent on the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities, if any. The Company has agreed that purchasers of the Preferred Shares will have, with respect to the Conversion Securities, the registration rights described in the Registration Rights Agreement. Notwithstanding such registration rights, there can be no assurance that there will be any market for the resale of the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities, nor can there be any assurance that such securities will be freely transferable at any time in the foreseeable future.
(n) The Purchaser has adequate means of providing for such Purchaser’s current financial needs and foreseeable contingencies and has no need for liquidity from its investment in the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities for an indefinite period of time.
(o) The Purchaser is aware that an investment in the Preferred Shares is high risk, involving a number of very significant risks and has carefully read and considered the matters set forth under the caption “Risk Factors” in the Memorandum and in the SEC Reports, and, in particular, acknowledges that the Company has had significant operating losses since inception, and is engaged in highly competitive businesses and may not be able to accomplish the Company’s business plan as described in the Memorandum. In addition, Purchaser acknowledges that certain conversion adjustment provisions and additional investment rights afforded to purchasers of Preferred Shares will not be in effect until such time as the Company obtains shareholder approval as more particularly described in the Risk Factors section and elsewhere in the Memorandum.
(p) The Purchaser meets the requirements of at least one of the suitability standards for an “accredited investor” as that term is defined in Regulation D and as set forth on the Accredited Investor Certification contained herein.
(q) The Purchaser (i) if a natural person, represents that the Purchaser has reached the age of 21 and has full power and authority to execute and deliver this Subscription Agreement and all other related agreements or certificates and to carry out the provisions hereof and thereof; (ii) if a corporation, partnership, or limited liability company or partnership, or association, joint stock company, trust, unincorporated organization or other entity, represents that such entity was not formed for the specific purpose of acquiring the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities, such entity is duly organized, validly existing and in good standing under the laws of the state of its organization, the consummation of the transactions contemplated hereby is authorized by, and will not result in a violation of state law or its charter or other organizational documents, such entity has full power and authority to execute and deliver this Subscription Agreement and all other related agreements or certificates and to carry out the provisions hereof and thereof and to purchase and hold the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities, the execution and delivery of this Subscription Agreement has been duly authorized by all necessary action, this Subscription Agreement has been duly executed and delivered on behalf of such entity and is a legal, valid and binding obligation of such entity; or (iii) if executing this Subscription Agreement in a representative or fiduciary capacity, represents that it has full power and authority to execute and deliver this Subscription Agreement in such capacity and on behalf of the subscribing individual, ward, partnership, trust, estate, corporation, or limited liability company or partnership, or other entity for whom the Purchaser is executing this Subscription Agreement, and such individual, partnership, ward, trust, estate, corporation, or limited liability company or partnership, or other entity has full right and power to perform pursuant to this Subscription Agreement and make an investment in the Company, and represents that this Subscription Agreement constitutes a legal, valid and binding obligation of such entity. The execution and delivery of this Subscription Agreement will not violate or be in conflict with any order, judgment, injunction, agreement or controlling document to which the Purchaser is a party or by which it is bound.
(r) The Purchaser and the Advisers, if any, have had the opportunity to obtain any additional information, to the extent the Company has such information in its possession or could acquire it without unreasonable effort or expense, necessary to verify the accuracy of the information contained in the Memorandum and all documents received or reviewed in connection with the purchase of the Preferred Shares and have had the opportunity to have representatives of the Company provide them with such additional information regarding the terms and conditions of this particular investment and the financial condition, results of operations, and business of the Company deemed relevant by the Purchaser or the Advisers, if any, and all such requested information, to the extent the Company has such information in their possession or could acquire it without unreasonable effort or expense, has been provided to the full satisfaction of the Purchaser and the Advisers, if any.
(s) Any information which the Purchaser has heretofore furnished or is furnishing herewith to the Company, or the Placement Agent is complete and accurate and may be relied upon by the Company, the Placement Agent and their respective legal counsel in determining the availability of an exemption from registration under federal and state securities laws in connection with the offering of securities as described in the Memorandum. The Purchaser further represents and warrants that it will notify and supply corrective information to the Company and the Placement Agent immediately upon the occurrence of any change therein occurring prior to the Company’s issuance of the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities.
(t) The Purchaser has significant prior investment experience, including investment in non-listed and non-registered securities. The Purchaser is knowledgeable about investment considerations in development stage companies with limited operating histories. The Purchaser has a sufficient net worth to sustain a loss of its entire investment in the Company and the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities in the event such a loss should occur. The Purchaser’s overall commitment to investments which are not readily marketable is not excessive in view of the Purchaser’s net worth and financial circumstances and the purchase of the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities will not cause such commitment to become excessive. Investment in the Company and the Preferred Shares as contemplated by this Subscription Agreement is suitable for the Purchaser.
(u) The Purchaser is satisfied that the Purchaser has received adequate information with respect to all matters which it or the Advisers, if any, consider material to its decision to make an investment in the Company and the Preferred Shares as contemplated by this Subscription Agreement.
(v) The Purchaser acknowledges that it has been provided with, and has reviewed, [****] Regulation Form CRS and Best Interest Supplement in the form of Exhibit A hereto (the “Form CRS and BI Supplement”) and has had a reasonable opportunity to ask questions of and receive answers from a person or persons acting on behalf of [****] concerning the Form CRS and BI Supplement.
(w) The Purchaser acknowledges that any estimates or forward-looking statements or projections included in the Memorandum were prepared by the Company in good faith but that the attainment of any such projections, estimates or forward-looking statements cannot be guaranteed by the Company and should not be relied upon.
(x) No oral or written representations have been made, or oral or written information furnished, to the Purchaser or the Advisers, if any, in connection with the Offering which are in any way inconsistent with the information contained in the Memorandum.
(y) Within five (5) days after receipt of a request from the Company or the Placement Agent, the Purchaser will provide such information and deliver such documents as may reasonably be necessary to comply with any and all laws and ordinances to which the Company or the Placement Agent is subject.
(z) The Purchaser understands that the Preferred Shares and the Conversion Securities are “restricted securities” under applicable U.S. federal and state securities laws and that, pursuant to these laws, the Purchaser must hold such securities indefinitely unless they are registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and qualified by state authorities, or an exemption from such registration and qualification requirements is available.
(aa) THE PREFERRED SHARES OFFERED HEREBY (INCLUDING THE CONVERSION SECURITIES) HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, OR ANY STATE SECURITIES LAWS AND ARE BEING OFFERED AND SOLD IN RELIANCE ON EXEMPTIONS FROM THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF SAID ACT AND SUCH LAWS. SUCH SECURITIES ARE SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS ON TRANSFERABILITY AND RESALE AND MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED OR RESOLD EXCEPT AS PERMITTED UNDER SAID ACT AND SUCH LAWS PURSUANT TO REGISTRATION OR EXEMPTION THEREFROM. SUCH SECURITIES HAVE NOT BEEN RECOMMENDED, APPROVED OR DISAPPROVED BY THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION, ANY STATE SECURITIES COMMISSION OR ANY OTHER REGULATORY AUTHORITY, NOR HAVE ANY OF THE FOREGOING AUTHORITIES PASSED UPON OR ENDORSED THE MERITS OF THIS OFFERING OR THE ACCURACY OR ADEQUACY OF THE MEMORANDUM OR THIS SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT. ANY REPRESENTATION TO THE CONTRARY IS UNLAWFUL.
(bb) In making an investment decision in the Company and the Preferred Shares, investors must rely on their own examination of the Company and the terms of the Offering, including the merits and risks involved. The Purchaser is aware that it will be required to bear the financial risks of investment in the Company and the Preferred Shares and the Conversion Securities for an indefinite period of time.
(cc) (For ERISA plans only) The fiduciary of the ERISA plan (the “Plan”) represents that such fiduciary has been informed of and understands the Company’s investment objectives, policies and strategies, and that the decision to invest “plan assets” (as such term is defined in ERISA) in the Company is consistent with the provisions of ERISA that require diversification of plan assets and impose other fiduciary responsibilities. The Purchaser fiduciary or Plan (a) is responsible for the decision to invest in the Company; (b) is independent of the Company or any of its affiliates; (c) is qualified to make such investment decision; and (d) in making such decision, the Purchaser fiduciary or Plan has not relied primarily on any advice or recommendation of the Company or any of its affiliates.
(dd) The Purchaser should check the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) website at <http://www.treas.gov/ofac> before making the following representations. The Purchaser represents that the amounts invested by it in the Company in the Offering were not and are not directly or indirectly derived from activities that contravene federal, state or international laws and regulations, including anti-money laundering laws and regulations. Federal regulations and Executive Orders administered by OFAC prohibit, among other things, the engagement in transactions with, and the provision of services to, certain foreign countries, territories, entities and individuals. The lists of OFAC prohibited countries, territories, persons and entities can be found on the OFAC website at <http://www.treas.gov/ofac>. In addition, the programs administered by OFAC (the “OFAC Programs”) prohibit dealing with individuals1 or entities in certain countries regardless of whether such individuals or entities appear on the OFAC lists.
1 These individuals include specially designated nationals, specially designated narcotics traffickers and other parties subject to OFAC sanctions and embargo programs.
(ee) To the best of the Purchaser’s knowledge, none of: (1) the Purchaser; (2) any person controlling or controlled by the Purchaser; (3) if the Purchaser is a privately-held entity, any person having a beneficial interest in the Purchaser; or (4) any person for whom the Purchaser is acting as agent or nominee in connection with this investment is a country, territory, individual or entity named on an OFAC list, or a person or entity prohibited under the OFAC Programs. Please be advised that the Company may not accept any amounts from a prospective investor if such prospective investor cannot make the representation set forth in the preceding paragraph. The Purchaser agrees to promptly notify the Company and the Placement Agent should the Purchaser become aware of any change in the information set forth in these representations. The Purchaser understands and acknowledges that, by law, the Company may be obligated to “freeze the account” of the Purchaser, either by prohibiting additional subscriptions from the Purchaser, declining any redemption requests and/or segregating the assets in the account in compliance with governmental regulations, and the Placement Agent may also be required to report such action and to disclose the Purchaser’s identity to OFAC. The Purchaser further acknowledges that the Company may, by written notice to the Purchaser, suspend the redemption rights, if any, of the Purchaser if the Company reasonably deems it necessary to do so to comply with anti-money laundering regulations applicable to the Company and the Placement Agent or any of the Company’s other service providers. These individuals include specially designated nationals, specially designated narcotics traffickers and other parties subject to OFAC sanctions and embargo programs.
(ff) To the best of the Purchaser’s knowledge, none of: (1) the Purchaser; (2) any person controlling or controlled by the Purchaser; (3) if the Purchaser is a privately-held entity, any person having a beneficial interest in the Purchaser; or (4) any person for whom the Purchaser is acting as agent or nominee in connection with this investment is a senior foreign political figure2, or any immediate family3 member or close associate of a senior foreign political figure, as such terms are defined in the footnotes below.
(gg) If the Purchaser is affiliated with a non-U.S. banking institution (a “Foreign Bank”), or if the Purchaser receives deposits from, makes payments on behalf of, or handles other financial transactions related to a Foreign Bank, the Purchaser represents and warrants to the Company that: (1) the Foreign Bank has a fixed address, other than solely an electronic address, in a country in which the Foreign Bank is authorized to conduct banking activities; (2) the Foreign Bank maintains operating records related to its banking activities; (3) the Foreign Bank is subject to inspection by the banking authority that licensed the Foreign Bank to conduct banking activities; and (4) the Foreign Bank does not provide banking services to any other Foreign Bank that does not have a physical presence in any country and that is not a regulated affiliate.
2 A “senior foreign political figure” is defined as a senior official in the executive, legislative, administrative, military or judicial branches of a foreign government (whether elected or not), a senior official of a major foreign political party, or a senior executive of a foreign government-owned corporation. In addition, a “senior foreign political figure” includes any corporation, business or other entity that has been formed by, or for the benefit of, a senior foreign political figure.
3 “Immediate family” of a senior foreign political figure typically includes the figure’s parents, siblings, spouse, children and in-laws.
4 A “close associate” of a senior foreign political figure is a person who is widely and publicly known to maintain an unusually close relationship with the senior foreign political figure and includes a person who is in a position to conduct substantial domestic and international financial transactions on behalf of the senior foreign political figure.
(hh) If the Purchaser is not a United States person (as defined by Section 7701(a)(30) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended), the Purchaser hereby represents that it has satisfied itself as to the full observance of the laws of its jurisdiction in connection with any invitation to subscribe for the Preferred Shares or any use of this Agreement, including (i) the legal requirements within its jurisdiction for the purchase of the Preferred Shares, (ii) any foreign exchange restrictions applicable to such purchase, (iii) any governmental or other consents that may need to be obtained, and (iv) the income tax and other tax consequences, if any, that may be relevant to the purchase, holding, redemption, sale, or transfer of the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities. The Purchaser’s subscription and payment for and continued beneficial ownership of the Preferred Shares and the Conversion Securities will not violate any applicable securities or other laws of the Purchaser’s jurisdiction.
(ii) If Purchaser is a non-US investor, Purchaser represents and warrants to the Company and the Placement Agent that its purchase of the Preferred Shares, and the sale of the Preferred Shares to Purchaser by the Company, is in compliance with and does not violate any laws of the country in which Purchaser is located and Purchaser will be able to obtain any requisite permission under such country’s foreign exchange laws to enable Purchaser to pay the purchase price for the Preferred Shares.
6. Additional Investment Rights. Subject to, and conditioned upon, the receipt by the Company of the Stockholder Approval (as defined in the Memorandum), and until such time as the corporate actions contemplated thereunder become effective pursuant to the filing of the Information Statement (as defined in the Memorandum):
(a) With respect to any Purchaser that (i) is a Series A Preferred Holder as of the date hereof (irrespective of specific investment amount in the Offering) or (ii) subscribes to purchase at least $3,500,000 in Preferred Shares (the “Minimum AIR Amount”), such Purchaser shall, subject to applicable law and Listing Rules of the Nasdaq Capital Market, have the right at any time, commencing on the date immediately following the date of the Effective Date (as defined in the Registration Rights Agreement) until the date that is eighteen (18) months thereafter (the “AIR Expiration Date”), in its discretion, but subject to Section 6(b) below, to purchase from the Company: (A) shares of a newly designated series of preferred stock of the Company containing comparable terms as the Series AA Preferred at the Share Price with a conversion price equal to the Conversion Price (as defined in the Certificate of Designation) in effect on the date of the Closing of such Purchaser’s investment (the “Initial Conversion Price”) in a dollar amount up to an amount commensurate with the amount of its investment in Series AA Shares in the Offering (the “First AIR” and shares purchased in connection with the First AIR hereinafter “AAA1 Preferred”) and (B) shares of a newly designated series of preferred stock of the Company containing comparable terms as the Series AA Preferred at the Share Price with a conversion price equal to one hundred twenty-five percent (125%) of the Initial Conversion Price (the “Second AIR Conversion Price”), in a dollar amount up to an amount commensurate with the amount of its investment in Series AA Shares in the Offering (the “Second AIR” and shares purchased in connection with the Second AIR hereinafter “AAA2 Preferred”). The First AIR and Second AIR are collectively referred to herein as the “Additional Investment Rights”. For Purchaser to exercise each such Additional Investment Right, Purchaser shall deliver written notice to the Company, with a copy to the Placement Agent (“AIR Exercise Notice”), stating its election to exercise the First AIR, Second AIR, or both, and the specific dollar amount with respect to the specific AAA1 Preferred and/or AAA2 Preferred to be purchased by such Purchaser (“Subsequent Amount”). Within one (1) business day of its receipt of the AIR Exercise Notice, the Company shall notify Purchaser of the date on which such purchase and sale shall occur (“AIR Subsequent Closing”) together with payment instructions. The AIR Subsequent Closing shall occur no later than four (4) business days following receipt by the Company of the AIR Exercise Notice unless otherwise mutually agreed upon by the Purchaser and Company. On or prior to the AIR Subsequent Closing, the Company and the Purchaser shall, execute and deliver a new subscription agreement with respect to the Subsequent Purchase, a form of which will be provided to Purchaser by the Company (each a “Subsequent Subscription Agreement” and collectively “Subsequent Subscription Agreements”) containing the representations, warranties, covenants, indemnities and conditions set forth herein, mutatis mutandis.
(b) If, (i) for twenty (20) consecutive days following the Final Closing, the closing price of the Company’s common stock, par value $0.001 per share (“Common Stock”), as listed by the NASDAQ Capital Market, exceeds an amount equal to three hundred percent (300%) of the then current Conversion Price on the Preferred Shares, (ii) the Common Stock trades at a minimum volume of 500,000 shares a day during such 20 day period, and (iii) the underlying shares of Common Stock for which the AAA1 Preferred and/or AAA2 Preferred to be purchased by the Purchasers are convertible into are registered for resale with the SEC pursuant to an effective registration statement, the Company shall have the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require Purchaser to exercise the First AIR (or Second AIR, if the First AIR has previously been consummated) (a “Forced Exercise”). With respect to the foregoing, the Company shall deliver written notice to Purchaser of its election to require such Forced Exercise by Purchaser (a “Forced Exercise Notice”), which notice shall specify the Subsequent Amount of the applicable AIR and the date of the AIR Subsequent Closing, which date shall be within forty-five (45) days following receipt by Purchaser of the Forced Exercise Notice, unless otherwise mutually agreed upon by the Purchaser and Company. For clarification, if a Forced Exercise shall occur with respect to the First AIR, the Company shall be precluded from delivery of a Forced Exercise Notice of its election to require a Forced Exercise of the Second AIR until at least fifty (50) trading days following the closing date of the First AIR.
7. Indemnification. The Purchaser agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, the Placement Agent (including its selected dealers, if any), and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, control persons and affiliates from and against all losses, liabilities, claims, damages, costs, fees and expenses whatsoever (including, but not limited to, any and all expenses incurred in investigating, preparing or defending against any litigation commenced or threatened) based upon or arising out of any actual or alleged false acknowledgment, representation or warranty, or misrepresentation or omission to state a material fact, or breach by the Purchaser of any covenant or agreement made by the Purchaser herein or in any other document delivered in connection with this Subscription Agreement. Each Purchaser’s obligation to indemnify shall be individual, not joint and several, and in no event shall the liability of any Purchaser hereunder be greater in amount than the dollar amount of the net proceeds received by such Purchaser upon the sale of the Shares acquired pursuant to this Subscription Agreement.
8. Irrevocability; Binding Effect. The Purchaser hereby acknowledges and agrees that the subscription hereunder is irrevocable by the Purchaser, except as required by applicable law, and that this Subscription Agreement shall survive the death or disability of the Purchaser and shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors, legal representatives, and permitted assigns. If the Purchaser is more than one person, the obligations of the Purchaser hereunder shall be joint and several and the agreements, representations, warranties, and acknowledgments herein shall be deemed to be made by and be binding upon each such person and such person's heirs, executors, administrators, successors, legal representatives, and permitted assigns.
9. Modification. This Subscription Agreement shall not be modified or waived except by an instrument in writing signed by the party against whom any such modification or waiver is sought.
10. Prohibitions. Each Purchaser (and such Purchaser’s affiliates) of Series AA Preferred Stock shall be expressly prohibited: (i) from the date of this Agreement until such time as the Purchaser no longer holds any Series AA Preferred, engaging in any Short Sales with respect to securities of the Company; (ii) transferring shares of Series AA Preferred other than intra-family or for estate planning purposes; and (iii) selling Common Stock of the Company in open market transactions during the five (5) day period preceding the twenty-four (24) month anniversary date of the Closing (the "Standstill”); provided, however, provided, however, in the event Purchaser elects to sell shares of Common Stock during the Standstill, Purchaser may do so but will lose the right to any conversion price adjustment at the twenty-four (24) month anniversary of the Closing. For purposes of this Section 10, “Short Sales” shall include, without limitation, all “short sales” as defined in Rule 200 promulgated under Regulation SHO under the Exchange Act, and all types of direct and indirect stock pledges (other than pledges in the ordinary course of business as part of prime brokerage arrangements), forward sale contracts, swaps and similar arrangements (including on a total return basis), and sales and other transactions through non-U.S. broker dealers or foreign regulated brokers. Short Sales shall not include the trading of put options and call options.
11. Notices. Any notice or other communication required or permitted to be given hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed effectively given: (a) upon personal delivery to the party notified, (b) when sent by confirmed email or facsimile if sent during normal business hours of the recipient, if not confirmed, then on the next business day, (c) five days after having been sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, or (d) one day after deposit with a nationally recognized overnight courier, specifying next day delivery, with written verification of receipt. The Company and the Purchaser hereby consent to the delivery of communications and notices to such parties at their respective address, email or facsimile number set forth on the signature page hereto, or to such other address as such party shall have furnished in writing in accordance with the provisions of this Section 11.
12. Assignability. This Subscription Agreement and the rights, interests and obligations hereunder are not transferable or assignable by the Purchaser and the transfer or assignment of the Preferred Shares or the Conversion Securities shall be made only in accordance with all applicable laws.
13. Applicable Law. This Subscription Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York applicable to contracts to be wholly performed within said State.
14. Arbitration. The parties agree to submit all controversies to arbitration in accordance with the provisions set forth below and understand that:
(a) Arbitration is final and binding on the parties.
(b) The parties are waiving their right to seek remedies in court, including the right to a jury trial.
(c) Pre-arbitration discovery is generally more limited and different from court proceedings.
(d) The arbitrator’s award is not required to include factual findings or legal reasoning and any party’s right to appeal or to seek modification of rulings by arbitrators is strictly limited.
(e) The panel of arbitrators will typically include a minority of arbitrators who were or are affiliated with the securities industry.
(f) All controversies which may arise between the parties concerning this Subscription Agreement shall be determined by arbitration pursuant to the rules then pertaining to the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (“FINRA”) in New York City, New York. Judgment on any award of any such arbitration may be entered in the Supreme Court of the State of New York or in any other court having jurisdiction of the person or persons against whom such award is rendered. Any notice of such arbitration or for the confirmation of any award in any arbitration shall be sufficient if given in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement. The parties agree that the determination of the arbitrators shall be binding and conclusive upon them.
15. Blue Sky Qualification. The purchase of the Preferred Shares under this Subscription Agreement and the issuance of the Conversion Securities is expressly conditioned upon the exemption from qualification of the offer and sale of the Preferred Shares from applicable federal and state securities laws. The Company shall not be required to qualify this transaction under the securities laws of any jurisdiction and, should qualification be necessary, the Company shall be released from any and all obligations to maintain its offer, and may rescind any sale contracted, in the jurisdiction.
16. Use of Pronouns. All pronouns and any variations thereof used herein shall be deemed to refer to the masculine, feminine, neuter, singular or plural as the identity of the person or persons referred to may require.
17. Confidentiality. The Purchaser acknowledges and agrees that any information or data the Purchaser has acquired from or about the Company, not otherwise properly in the public domain, was received in confidence. The Purchaser agrees not to divulge, communicate or disclose, except as may be required by law or for the performance of this Agreement, or use to the detriment of the Company or for the benefit of any other person or persons, or misuse in any way, any confidential information of the Company, including any scientific, technical, trade or business secrets of the Company and any scientific, technical, trade or business materials that are treated by the Company as confidential or proprietary, including, but not limited to, ideas, discoveries, inventions, developments and improvements belonging to the Company and confidential information obtained by or given to the Company about or belonging to third parties.
(a) This Subscription Agreement, together with the Registration Rights Agreement, constitute the entire agreement between the Purchaser and the Company with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior oral or written agreements and understandings, if any, relating to the subject matter hereof. The terms and provisions of this Subscription Agreement may be waived, or consent for the departure therefrom granted, only by a written document executed by the party entitled to the benefits of such terms or provisions. For the avoidance of doubt, the Memorandum is for informational purposes only and the Purchaser is only bound by the terms of the Subscription Agreement and the Registration Rights Agreement.
(b) The representations and warranties of the Purchaser made in this Subscription Agreement shall survive the execution and delivery hereof and delivery of the Preferred Shares and the Conversion Securities.
(c) Each of the parties hereto shall pay its own fees and expenses (including the fees of any attorneys, accountants, appraisers or others engaged by such party) in connection with this Subscription Agreement and the transactions contemplated hereby whether or not the transactions contemplated hereby are consummated.
(d) This Subscription Agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which shall together constitute one and the same instrument.
(e) Each provision of this Subscription Agreement shall be considered separable and, if for any reason any provision or provisions hereof are determined to be invalid or contrary to applicable law, such invalidity or illegality shall not impair the operation of or affect the remaining portions of this Subscription Agreement.
(f) Paragraph titles are for descriptive purposes only and shall not control or alter the meaning of this Subscription Agreement as set forth in the text.
(g) The Purchaser understands and acknowledges that there may be multiple closings for this Offering.
19. Omnibus Signature Page. This Subscription Agreement is intended to be read and construed in conjunction with the Registration Rights Agreement pertaining to the issuance by the Company of the Preferred Shares to subscribers pursuant to this Agreement. Accordingly, pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Subscription Agreement and such related agreements it is hereby agreed that the execution by the Purchaser of this Subscription Agreement, in the place set forth herein, shall constitute agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions hereof and the terms and conditions of the Registration Rights Agreement, with the same effect as if each of such separate but related agreement were separately signed.
20. Book Entry Registration of the Shares. The Company will issue the Preferred Shares and the Conversion Securities by registering them in book entry form with the Company or the Company's transfer agent, if applicable, in Purchaser’s name and the applicable restrictions will be noted in the records of the Company, or the Company's transfer agent, if applicable, and in the book entry system, except for investments made via custodian accounts such as pensions and IRAs in which case physical certificates evidencing the Preferred Shares and the Conversion Securities will be issued, if requested.